Poster Analysis Worksheet
1. What are the main colors used in the poster?
2. What symbols (if any) are used in the poster?
3. If a symbol is used, what makes it:
clear (easy to interpret)?
4. Are the messages in the poster primarily visual, verbal, or both?
5. Who do you think is the intended audience for the poster?
6. What does the creator of the poster hope the audience will do?
7. What purpose(s) is served by the poster?
8. The most effective posters use symbols that are unusual, simple, and direct. Is this an effective poster?
Adapted from the design developed by the Education Staff,
National Archives and Records Administration,
Washington, DC 20408.